I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 551/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Vegan Farce Mentonnaise

[Vegan Salmon and Anchovy Stuffing]

...I was reluctant to make this recipe...just because it didn't sound like it would be good to me...and the Man said for me not to even make any for him...haha...

...and Julia simply says this about the recipe..."An unlikely combination, but a good one"

...it's a simple one for sure...just four ingredients...
...I sautéed the onions in my 'outside' kitchen....
...a very simple mis en place...I'm using Gardein crumbles for the ground vegan lamb...capers for the anchovies...Vegan Lox for the vegan salmon...I snipped up some Nori for more flavor of the sea...and made a whole in the center of my a href="http://theveganversion.blogspot.com/2012/04/vegan-gigot-en-chevreuil.html">vegan lamb...
...stuffed the vegan farce mentonnaise into the vegan lamb...wrapped it in foil...
...and baked it in my outside kitchen for about 1/2 hour...
...served it with vegan mashed potatoes, peas and carrots, and some roasted kohlrabi...
...it was nicely browned too...
...but Julia was right about one thing...it's an odd combination...not so right about the other thing...haha...probably won't be making this one again...

Substitutions

Vegan Lamb...of course...I used the same recipe as the VEGAN GIGOT EN CHEVREUIL
.Vegan mince - I used Gardein
Vegan Salmon - I grated up some Vegan Lox...and added a piece of Nori snipped into little pieces
Vegan Anchovies - I used capers

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking (p. 338)

1 comment:

  1. Cute, yeah, that doesn't sound very good to me! Love, K

    ReplyDelete