I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Vegan Sole Bonne Femme

[Vegan Fish Filets with Mushrooms]

...so how about another vegan poached fish/tofu recipe...
...this is another of Julia's variations...and you can see from the spreadsheet where I keep track of all the recipes I've done...that there are not that many left...about 80 or so I think...so this 'project' could wrap up in the next year or so...whew...
...I started by making my pretty little fluted mushroom caps...VEGAN CHAMPIGNONS GRILLÉS...
...poached the tofu filets...
...made the sauce Bercy...
...and decorated with the mushrooms...
...it is a pretty presentation...
...we served it with spinach, a salad, and a vegan croissant...
...another pretty delicious variation...

Substitutions:
Earth Balance for the butter
tofu for the fish
Vegan écrivisses
all the subs for the VEGAN SOLE À LA DIEPOISE

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking p. 216

No comments:

Post a Comment