I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Vegan Suprêmes de Volaille à L’Écossaise

[Vegan Chicken Breasts with Diced Aromatic Vegetables and Cream]

...this is just a variation on the VEGAN SUPRÊMES DE VOLAILLE À BLANC
...start with some celery, carrots and onion...
...and Julia specifies a 1/16 inch dice...
...as she often says "cook the diced vegetables slowly with the salt and vegan butter for about 10 minutes in the covered casserole until tender, but not browned..."
...Julia says you can add white or brown stock or canned beef bouillon or port, Madeira, or dry white vermouth...so I just mixed up some vegan chick'n broth...and added that...
...then I added the previously browned suprêmes...mine are just thick slices of tofu...and I'm just adding them here so they'll soak up a bit more flavor...
...then add the heavy cream...I'm using cashew cream...
...then boil the cream down a bit over high heat until cream has thickened slightly...
...we served our tofu suprêmes with rice and peas...Julia suggests risotto...
...the sauce was just lovely...slightly sweet with the vegetables and cream...
...it was really delicious...

Substitutions

Earth Balance for the butter Cashew Cream for the Cream Tofu for the chicken...

Mastering the Art of French Cooking p. 261

1 comment:

  1. I love that! Celery, carrots and onions must give the sauce a perfect taste! I put it on my to do list!
    Sadly, i still cannot reach your other blog.

    ReplyDelete