I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Vegan Beurre Colbert

[Vegan Tarragon Butter with Meat Flavoring]

...first of all you have to make one of these butters Vegan Beurre Maître d'Hôtel, Vegan Beurre de Fines Herbes, Vegan Beurre d'Estragon...not very difficult...

...and then you make the Vegan Meat Glaze Vegan Glace de Viande
...this time I used a vegan beef bouillon cube and water...
...and you basically just cook that down to s syrupy glaze...
...you just want to have about a Tablespoon of glaze...
...and then you just beat that into the vegan tarragon butter...
...drop by drop...
...I formed it into a ball with my smallest cookie scoop...
...and served it with a simple seitan steak...recipe of sorts is over at Affectioknit...
...it melted over the seitan steak and gave it a really nice fresh flavor...

Substitutions

You'll need the subs from Vegan Beurre Maître d'Hôtel, Vegan Beurre de Fines Herbes, Vegan Beurre d'Estragon
...and also from the Vegan Meat Glaze Vegan Glace de Viande

Mastering the Art of French Cooking (p. 102)

No comments:

Post a Comment