I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Vegan Glace de Viande

[Vegan Meat Glaze]

...which is just stock boiled down until it reduces to a syrup...
...so I made up a packet of Washington's stock...
...and started boiling it down...but realized that it didn't have any way of gelling...so I added a 1/4 teaspoon of Xanthan Gum...
...and that did the trick perfectly...
...boiled down and set up just like it's supposed to...

Substitutions:

Vegan stock for the stock...

Mastering the Art of French Cooking (p. 110)

No comments:

Post a Comment