I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Vegan Sauce Aurore...Again

...this is kinda funny because I'm 350 recipes in and what I've done and not done are harder to manage now...

...I opened the book to page 85 and looked (glanced might be a better word) at the Sauce Choron recipe and got started...I brought up this blog and found the recipe for the bechamel and proceeded...

...but I misread the Béarnaise as Béchamel...so this is not a new recipe...but one I've already done...haha...
...first of all...you'll need to make the VEGAN SAUCE BÉCHAMEL/SAUCE VELOUTÉ...it's just a simple white sauce...
...and then all you do is add a couple of spoonfuls of tomato paste...
...poured over vegan chick'n seitan...all of the particulars for that are over at Affectioknit...
...perfectly smooth and very pretty...
...and I was kind of surprised at how good this simple 'gravy' was...slightly sweet and very flavorful...

Substitutions:

...just vegan butter and vegan milk from the VEGAN SAUCE BÉCHAMEL

Mastering the Art of French Cooking (p. 85)

1 comment: