I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Vegan Choux Bruxelles Étuvés à la Crème

[Vegan Creamed Brussels Sprouts]

I actually thought I'd already made this recipe...but I was confused by the VEGAN CHOUX DE BRUXELLES À LA CRÈME...which is a stovetop recipe...and it was very good too...

...but this recipe is a variation of the VEGAN CHOUX DE BRUXELLES ÉTUVÉES AU BEURRE...and I would have subtitled it in English [Vegan Brussels Sprouts Braised in Cream]
...it's a really simple recipe...you put your Brussels Sprouts in an oven-proof dish...and put a couple of tablespoons of vegan butter on top and put it in the oven for about 10 minutes...
...then you pour over some vegan cream...I used Cashew Cream...and heated it in the microwave until boiling...
...and then you just bake it until most of the cream is absorbed...
...these were really good...
...creamy...buttery and slightly sweet...

Substitutions:

Cashew Cream for the Cream
Earth Balance for the butter

Mastering the Art of French Cooking (p. 452)

1 comment:

  1. Interesting, I would have never thought to cream them. Sounds wonderful. Love, K

    ReplyDelete